Posts Tagged Nails
Hello everyone 🙂
I hope you all had a phenomenal weekend and that your Monday is off to a productive start! Perhaps productivity isn’t on today’s agenda. Perhaps you are one of the many people around the world spending the day glued to their phone, computer or television waiting for updates on the royal labor. That’s right, the day so many people have been waiting for has finally arrived – the Duchess of Cambridge is in the hospital and the royal baby is on his or her way. For those of you who are not interested in the royal baby, good luck escaping it. I feel like it is more difficult to escape Tweets, Facebook updates and blog posts about the royal baby than it is to escape a major holiday. However, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and acknowledge the occasion.
Has anyone else read that there are currently a number of nameless babies? I have read at least three newspaper articles that say women have opted not to name their newborns until the name of the newest addition to the royal family has been released. I can understand excitement, but I think this is a bit much!
Don’t worry about missing out on any important information about the royal baby. With the hospital surrounded by the media every possible detail is being reported. Did you know someone just dropped off a laptop?
Are you following the royal baby watch? Leave a comment and let me know.
Now to Manicure Monday:
I am far from gifted when it comes to painting my own nails. For this reason, I rarely do anything but a clear coat. However, I had some extra time and I decided I wanted a bit of a change. I am loving this pink (cotton candy) polish by Avon. In fact, I think I did something terrible – I am really enjoying having my nails painted in general!!
Please let me know if you have suggestions for easy nail design or nail polishes to try!
Thanks for reading. Be sure to check back soon!
- Royal Baby On The Way! Kate Middleton Is In Labor! (radaronline.com)
- Royal Baby: Kate Middleton Enters Hospital in Labor (fox2now.com)
- Royal baby on the way; Catherine enters hospital in labor (cnn.com)
- Royal Baby Watch: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Now in Labor (earlystart.blogs.cnn.com)
- Royal Birth Eminent: Duchess of Cambridge Admitted to Hospital in Labor (guardianlv.com)
- Duchess of Cambridge in Early Stages of Labor (shoppingblog.com)
- Kate Middleton in Labor! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Kate Middleton: Duchess of Cambridge admitted to hospital in labor (Video) (examiner.com)
- Royal baby: Kate Middleton in early stages of labour (thestar.com)
- Royal baby: Kate Middleton in early stages of labour in hospital (news.stv.tv)
You will need:
- 1 small cup or container
- 1-2 cotton swabs
- 1 tbsp peroxide
- 2 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- Clear nail polish
Mix the baking soda and peroxide together in your cup or container using a cotton swab. Once it is thoroughly mixed, and has a paste-like consistency, use a cotton swab to apply it liberally to your nails. Let the paste sit on your nails for 5 minutes, then rinse off. Finish by applying your favorite clear polish.
I have also heard fantastic things about soaking your nails in a dish containing warm water, baking soda and peroxide. I haven’t tried this method yet, but I think I will soon.