Archive for category News
Although this blog will remain published, I will now be blogging from http://marleyjustine.wordpress.com – click here to see today’s blog post on the new blog. For those of you currently following me, be sure to follow the new blog. You can also follow me on Twitter @_itsmarley_ as well as on Instagram and Tumblr.
Thanks for reading and be sure to keep watching the new blog – there’s plenty more on its way!
As I am sure you are all well aware – It’s a Prince! Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the arrival of their son.
Before returning home the Duke and Duchess and the unnamed prince stepped outside the Lindo Wing and not only posed for pictures but answered a few questions as well.
It was difficult to get a good look at the new prince, who was wrapped in a blanket, however, I did notice his fingers moving around his face. He was described by Prince William as being “quite heavy” and having “a good pair of lungs on him.”
The proud parents, William and Catherine, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge looked truly happy as they spoke with the press and posed for pictures. As always, Catherine looked beautiful. It’s hard to believe that she had a baby just over twenty four hours ago.
The family returned to the Lindo Wing to secure the newborn prince in a car seat. Just like here in Canada, babies are required to leave the hospital secured in a car seat. Of course, if you are the future King of England, you may first leave the hospital in the arms of your mother to greet the world who has been anxiously awaiting your arrival.
Does the arrival of the new royal baby and the first glimpse mean the end of the Royal Baby Watch and Royal Baby Fever? Don’t count on it. People around the world are anxiously waiting to find out the new prince’s name, and you can be certain that people are eager for more photographs and/or video footage of the family. However, I think this will be the end of the Royal Baby Watch for this blogger. I’m sure Tom will be thrilled. This afternoon he retreated to the basement while I watched live coverage from outside of the hospital and texted my grandmother!
As always, thank you for reading and please check back soon for my next blog post!
- Duke and Duchess celebrate birth with a pizza (contactmusic.com)
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Speak Out: Kate’s First Words After Baby (hollywoodlife.com)
- Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to boy (stuff.co.nz)
- Royal baby name: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge tipped to name new arrival James (metro.co.uk)
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge announce birth of royal baby boy (news.stv.tv)
Hello everyone 🙂
I hope you all had a phenomenal weekend and that your Monday is off to a productive start! Perhaps productivity isn’t on today’s agenda. Perhaps you are one of the many people around the world spending the day glued to their phone, computer or television waiting for updates on the royal labor. That’s right, the day so many people have been waiting for has finally arrived – the Duchess of Cambridge is in the hospital and the royal baby is on his or her way. For those of you who are not interested in the royal baby, good luck escaping it. I feel like it is more difficult to escape Tweets, Facebook updates and blog posts about the royal baby than it is to escape a major holiday. However, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and acknowledge the occasion.
Has anyone else read that there are currently a number of nameless babies? I have read at least three newspaper articles that say women have opted not to name their newborns until the name of the newest addition to the royal family has been released. I can understand excitement, but I think this is a bit much!
Don’t worry about missing out on any important information about the royal baby. With the hospital surrounded by the media every possible detail is being reported. Did you know someone just dropped off a laptop?
Are you following the royal baby watch? Leave a comment and let me know.
Now to Manicure Monday:
I am far from gifted when it comes to painting my own nails. For this reason, I rarely do anything but a clear coat. However, I had some extra time and I decided I wanted a bit of a change. I am loving this pink (cotton candy) polish by Avon. In fact, I think I did something terrible – I am really enjoying having my nails painted in general!!
Please let me know if you have suggestions for easy nail design or nail polishes to try!
Thanks for reading. Be sure to check back soon!
- Royal Baby On The Way! Kate Middleton Is In Labor! (radaronline.com)
- Royal Baby: Kate Middleton Enters Hospital in Labor (fox2now.com)
- Royal baby on the way; Catherine enters hospital in labor (cnn.com)
- Royal Baby Watch: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Now in Labor (earlystart.blogs.cnn.com)
- Royal Birth Eminent: Duchess of Cambridge Admitted to Hospital in Labor (guardianlv.com)
- Duchess of Cambridge in Early Stages of Labor (shoppingblog.com)
- Kate Middleton in Labor! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Kate Middleton: Duchess of Cambridge admitted to hospital in labor (Video) (examiner.com)
- Royal baby: Kate Middleton in early stages of labour (thestar.com)
- Royal baby: Kate Middleton in early stages of labour in hospital (news.stv.tv)