Archive for category DIY Beauty
Recently, I decided I wanted to try to make my own primer. After a couple of uses I am completely in love with this and wishing I had tried it sooner. Of course, I just had to share!
For this DIY primer you will need clear Aloe Vera gel, moisturizer or body butter of your choice, Vitamin E oil, a butter knife, a bowl and of course a container (or containers) to put the finished product in.
Put about 1.5tbsp of Aloe Vera gel in your bowl, then using your butter knife add three liberal scoops of your body butter or moisturizer followed by three big drops of Vitamin E oil.
Mix well until you reach a consistency of mayo. If you find the mixture is too watery, add more moisturizer or body butter. Mixing took me at least five minutes.
When you’re done mixing, neatly fill your clean container(s) with your DIY primer. Be sure to wipe down the outside of the container after you secure the lid. You may wish to make a label, or just write on the container with a sharpie. If you’re looking for an easy way to make a label that will be easy to remove so that you can reuse your container, use painter’s tape!
- Vitamin E Oil should be available in the vitamin section of your pharmacy or grocery store. If you have trouble finding it in stores it is readily available online.
- The moisturizer I used was by Elizabeth Arden.
- To help prevent bacteria growth in your primer always wash your hands before applying!
- As with all homemade products, watch for any changes in your product and discard if the product seems to have ‘expired’
- Click here to see where I found this DIY primer!
Having trouble finding what you need for this DIY project? Check out these products from Amazon.com: