Hey everyone – happy first day of summer to you all!
You may have noticed I do not have a set schedule for blog posts. I know there are some people who only post on certain days whether it is on their blog or YouTube channel but unless I get a lot of negative feedback about not having a schedule for blog posts I would like to avoid this for now. If anyone has any thoughts please leave a comment or send me an e-mail.
With that out of the way I would like to thank everyone who has been reading and following the blog – this morning when I signed on I was informed that I have gotten 50 likes! I hope you will keep checking back. The list of future blog posts grows daily and I am happy to take requests and suggestions! So again, thank you!
This morning over breakfast I was trying to decide on today’s blog post, that’s when Murray jumped up on the couch beside me and rested her head on my shoulder. Knowing that Murray will be a source of inspiration for many future blog posts I decided to do a “Meet Murray” post.
Don’t let the name “Murray” fool you, Murray is actually a girl. I was not responsible for naming her! Blame Tom! Murray is a three year old golden retriever. I am convinced that there is something else in there, too. We have asked a number of people (dog sitters, vets, groomers, etc…) for their opinion. To my surprise, many of these individuals insist that she is all golden. One vet suggested that there is a little bit of border collie in there. Breed is the least of my concern – Murray is a fantastic dog. She is full of character and a constant source of entertainment.
Unsure of how to properly introduce Murray on the blog (I thought about a video, but I am putting videos off a little longer) I thought eight facts about her would do. As crazy as this may sound, if there is ever anything you would like to know about Murray, just ask. For now, let’s get to the facts about Murray:
(1) Murray was the runt of the litter. When she came home at nine-weeks-old she was still extremely tiny. On a number of occasions people actually asked me if I starved my dog!
(2) When Murray gets a new stuffed toy she will quickly destroy it, but once all the stuffing has been removed she is extremely gentle.
(3) Murray is approximately 65lbs and according to the vet she should lose a couple of pounds. I’m working on it!
(4) At times Murray can curl up in the smallest ball but she can easily sprawl out and take over the bed.
(5) Yes, Murray sleeps in our bed with us. She is a cuddle-bug.
(6) Murray absolutely loves to be bathed! If you can’t find Murray, check the bath tub!
(7) When we let Murray off leash at the dog park she will run in a small circle for thirty seconds to a minute before doing anything else.
(8) She loves water, but she is not a graceful swimmer. If you are swimming near Murray, be prepared to get splashed.
I guess it is time to stop writing about Murray and take her out for a walk.
Thanks for reading and have a great day. Be sure to check back soon – I don’t know when I will be posting again. It may be today, it may be this weekend or it may be as late as Monday!