For today’s post I decided to do a get to know me post with 30 facts about myself. As a blog reader I am often curious about the person behind the blog, and if you’re the same way then this post is for you!
Let’s get started:
- Even though it has been mentioned in other posts I will start with this basic fact – my name is Marley.
- No, I was not named after Bob Marley. I have lost count of the number of times I have been asked that. Are people serious?
- I am 22 years old. I will be 23 in August.
- Currently I am in the home stretch of my undergraduate degree. I am working on my B.A., majoring in Criminology.
- I would have graduated last May (2012) but instead, I took a year off between my second and third year and during this time I transferred universities which caused some set backs. As well, during my first year I had to drop a couple of courses because I ended up getting sick and missed a fair amount of time. It may be taking longer than I originally expected but I wouldn’t change it!
- I am an animal lover!
- That being said, I am terrified of stinging insects and rodents.
- For as long as I can remember I have loved writing. Unfortunately, being my toughest critic anytime I would complete a writing project I would throw it out. Nobody likes to live with regrets, but I can’t help but regret not keeping everything!
- Originally I was going to use my own name as the name of my blog. Why didn’t I? I didn’t want my blog [my name] to be a failure! Who knows, maybe someday I’ll change it!
- Most days, I drink at least eight glasses of water!
- I am allergic to cheese. Have you ever had a cheese-less pizza? I have and it is delicious!
- I can watch the same thing over and over again. There are a number of movies and television shows that I know off by heart.
- At times I can be extremely shy.
- In 2008 I had my appendix removed.
- I live with my boyfriend Tom and our three-year-old golden Murray!
- I’m a little over 5’2″ – I consider myself short.
- After going eighteen years without having a cavity when my dentist found [a small] one I almost cried.
- When I was sixteen I started wearing glasses.
- People always tell me I should wear contacts instead of glasses but I hate the thought of putting them in/taking them out.
- Even though some people would probably still classify me as a picky eater, I am getting better at trying new things.
- I love spicy food!
- I can never have too many calendars/day planners.
- One of my goals in life is to beat my boyfriend at Scrabble!
- One Halloween many, many years ago I wanted to see my costume in the mirror so I stood on my jewelry box. It turns out the jewelry box was glass and the night ended with a trip to the hospital.
- I love to travel!
- There are two types of criers – pretty criers (or cute criers) and ugly criers. Unfortunately, I am an ugly crier.
- When I was younger I would actually tease my mother when she would cry during movies. One word: Karma!
- I don’t drink coffee and I haven’t gotten into tea, however, I do love hot chocolate!
- I am not a fan of elevators – I blame soap operas!
- I love burnt toast!
Do we have any similarities? If so, feel free to leave a comment. If you have your own 30 facts post or video please also feel free to leave a link so I can check it out.
I am happy to make another ‘facts about me’ post. If there is anything you would like me to include in the next one let me know either by sending me an e-mail or leaving a comment.
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to check back, the next blog post is coming soon!